School meals are cooked on the premises and are available for all children. The cost of the meal is £2.00 per day, paid weekly on a Monday. The cost for the week is £10.00 and must be brought in a sealed envelope with the child's name and class clearly labelled.
The children may bring a packed lunch, if their parents prefer, after Term 1 in Reception Class. (Click image below for healthy ideas.)
Two weeks’ notice is required to inform the school cook of any changes in meal arrangements.
Free School Meals
Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be eligible for free school meals following the implementation of Universal Free School Meals.
Existing entitlements to Free School Meals for disadvantaged pupils in Nursery, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 will continue according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 or has a packed lunch – this is so the school can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if you as parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit Run-on, which is the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit, their children are entitled to free school lunches.
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals
If you feel you are entitled to free school meals then you can:
Apply by telephone: on 0161 909 6508
Apply in person at any of the Gateway Centres.
- Eccles Gateway, 28 Barton Road, Eccles
- Pendleton Gateway, 1 Broadwalk, Salford
- Walkden Gateway, 2 Smith Street, Walkden
Staff at the Gateway Centres should be able to process your free school meals application on a drop in basis. However, if you would like to see an advisor in a private interview room, you will need to make an appointment by either visiting your nearest centre or by calling them on: 0161 909 6504.